Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why does my birthday come every year after I am 14?

Birthdays are all a hell lot of fun till I was 14 years old. At that wonderful teenage I was in my 9th grade, with no exam tension in school like how it will be for the board exams the next year. Life was so smooth till then. My life just revolved around my friends, teachers, and off course parents. I was all pampered really well till then; suddenly my birthday showed up. Well you might think what is so shocking about your birthday after all everybody just wait for their birthdays for a whole year to get what ever gifts and goodies they want from their friends and family. Its all the more a kind of festive celebration for all of us.

But that’s where the catch is, till then the expectations from you would all be minimum as the world would just see you as just another kid on the block having some fun. But not from this year because you are 15 years old now and you are into your 10th grade. Teachers would say this is the most important part in your life which would help you to choose the base of you career ahead. Which would be around 5 to 7 years from then. Man! With all the hype around in school even my parents were entrusting high hopes on me to get good scores in that years board exams. I was never treated so differently till then. I was assigned to go to tuition's and special classes. This took away all my fun time with buddies.

After that hectic year I had a thought its all back to normal now when I was in the 11th grade, but no I was wrong it was just a beginning of a new Me, Myself and My surrounding. Now comes another rough patch of 12th grade where you are expected to outscore every one to get into a good college and a good course. With the decision being made by our parents on to which course to squeeze us in with the marks that we have got leave’s a task ahead of them too.

And my parents were no different from the majority of the crowd I got into engineering. One can only feel the pressure when you are inside the pressure cooker.( Sorry guys I m just blabbering.) My engineering college life was miserable as I was no good in math. It was just a pressure situation for me to pass all the subjects.

Well now being out of college also doesn’t do any good for me. Because what I thought as pressure when I was in college were all looking like happy times after I entered into an professional environment, where being a fresher. I m in the lower part of the company hierarchy. And every kind of anger from the superior’s in the hierarchy are just channeled towards me.

I just miss my 14th birthday than ever before now. Where in, I had no expectations to meet. No managers to answer to and no nights to be wide awake. It was purely 9001 certified life as I would call it. I am hoping that I had never grew after 14 being 22 now. And am just worried when I think there is so many years ahead of me still to explore. I can only look up to the heavens and pray for the best.

2 comments:

ragu said...

you have done a great blog man

good kept it uppppppppp

Samba said...

i was there! i was there!

on ur 14th birthday!

My Favourites

  • Palace of Versailles
  • F-22 Raptor fighter plane
  • Le million mobile phone
  • Bugati veyron

My Music